Suddenly Stacie Orrico's song is playing in my head as I slog through another long work day! Time: 8.45pm.
I was just hanging out, celebrating a belated birthday of my diving buddies last night and we were all in agreement that there is more to life than work, courtship, marriage, etc? I was actively advocating personal enrichment and growth (we plan to take up rock-climbing next, hehehe can strike that off from my wish list woohoo!) :)
I don't know why, besides keeping fit mentally and physically with pilates, yoga, aerobics, diving, rollerblading, I have a thirst for learning new and adventurous activities like skydiving (though its expensive, have to seriously consider this hmmm).
Oh well, I remember someone important used to tell me, "Live each day like there's no tomorrow, work like you don't need the money and love like you've never been hurt before." True indeed, don't you think. I'll end today's note with a poignant poem (thanks, Katie):
If I Didn't Make Mistakes
And if I did not make mistakes
And give too brief a thought to heavy questions
And too much time to little matter;
Or if I always knew which road to travel
Where every step would lead me into daylight
And if each face that turned to watch me pass
Was broken by a smile;
Or if whenever I should choose to lay my heart
Bare upon the sun-warmed grass,
It always was returned with tender touches
And carried by a song;
And if my heaviest burden were only to be
A breeze upon my back, and blossom in my hair,
And my brow was never crossed with lines of pain;
If all this endless summer were my lot
And winter's fury never beat me back,
Then I never would have seen the stormy nights
Through which I've struggled, fought and won;
I never would have known the joy of needed comfort given,
Or the essence of a friend.
PS: Happy birthday bro (070773) and belated to Val (230674)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment